drewno 2

drewno 2

Monday, April 20, 2015

Red Robin



When the Red, Red Robin (Comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin' Along)





Love observing those birds. Not so many of them here. Although, it was lots where our house is. They like to come when the sprinklers are on so they can catch the worms easily :_)

One of the coolest jazz songs I have ever heard is about this bird - not only for kids, it goes like that:

When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob-Bob Bobbin' Along When the red, red robin comes bob, bob, bobbin' along, along There'll be no more sobbin' when he starts throbbin' his old sweet song Wake up, wake up you sleepy head Get up, get out of your bed Cheer up, cheer up the sun is red Live, love, laugh and be happy What if I were blue, now I'm walking through, walking through the fields of flowers Rain may glisten but still I listen for hours and hours I'm just a kid again doing what I did again, singing a song When the red, red robin comes bob, bob, bobbin' along When the red, red robin comes bob, bob, bobbin' When the red, red robin comes bob, bob, bobbin' along There'll be no more sobbin' when he starts throbbin' There'll be no more sobbin' when he starts a throbbin' his old sweet song Wake up, wake up you sleepy head Why don't you get up, get up, get out of bed, cheer up Live, love, laugh and be happy What if I were blue, now I'm walking through fields of flowers Rain may glisten but still I listen for hours and hours I'm just a kid again, doing what I did again, singing a song When the red, red robin comes bob, bob, bobbin' When the red, red robin comes bob, bob, bobbin' along Along, along, along, along, along.


WHEN THE RED RED ROBIN GOES BOB BOB BOBBIN' ALONG (Al Jolson) Harry MacGregor Woods 1926 as rec by Al Jolson June 1st 1926

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...